GUIDANCE FOR B.Tech ADMISSION
Bachelor of Technology is a professional engineering undergraduate degree. It is a 4-year programme course, under the accredition of a university.
SPECIALIZATION – B.tech offers specialization in many branches. Students can choose their stream/ branch on whichever their interest lies. They are
i) Electrical Engineering- It deals with the study and application of electricity, electronics and electromagnetism.
ii) Mechanical Engineering – It involves the design, production and operation of machinery.
iii) Civil / Structural Engineering- It deals with the construction of buildings and bridges, which are built to be strong enough to resist appropriate loads in order to prevent injury.
iv) Aeronautical Engineering – It is concerned with the development of aircraft and spacecraft.
v) Computer Science Engineering– It is the scientific and practical approach to computer applications.
vi) Information Technology - It is the application of computers to store , transmit and manipulate data.
The minimum academic qualification for admission is through JEE Mains and JEE advance (Joint Entrance exam) which is followed by counseling. Different universities set various percentage criteria for students. Students must have Science background in Class 12. The percentage criterion varies from 50% to 60%.
The duration of this course is of 4 years.
Benefits of B.Tech
- Students who wish to study further can purse their subject by taking up M.Tech course. It is taken when a student is interested in academics / research based work. It is a 2-year course. The candidate must have passed the B.Tech course under AICTE approved university. They must qualify an exam which is said as “GATE”. GATE is an all India examination that tests the understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and science.
- Now a days, many students take up MBA course or study MS (Master of Science) after the completion of B.Tech course. If further interested they can pursue with Ph.D. course.
- B.Tech helps to use the practical applications in engineering firms. Only scoring high in examinations wont be helping. It requires knowledge as well. Investing 4 years in engineering course, and gaining knowledge in such applications will help in the long run. There are many students who memorize the facts and pass in the examinations with high marks, and they come out with flying colors.
- But there are students who are unable to crack the interviews and have very poor practical knowledge about engineering, and that is where they lag behind.
Career After This Course
- Interested candidates can opt for engineering firms.
- They can even apply for the post of probationary officer in banks through competitive bank exams.
- They can prepare for Civil services.( IAS, IPS)
- They can join army through competitive exams.
- Others who are interested can take up jobs in creative fields, over which their passion lies. (e.g. : Singer , painter)
Top University For B.Tech
Amity University, Gr. Noida
Amity University, Noida is a private research university located in Uttar Pradesh, India. It was established in 2005 by an Act of the State Legislature of Uttar Pradesh. The university is a part of Amity Education Group and has campuses in India, Dubai, Singapore, China, Mauritius, London and New YorkKnow More
Galgotias University, Gr. Noida
Galgotias University is a private university in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India. It is recognized by the University Grants Commission.Know More
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, formerly Indraprastha University, is a public state university located in Delhi, India. It was established in 1998 by Government of Delhi, as a teaching-cum-affiliating university.Know More
The SRM Educational Group as a community have over 80,000 students and 4,500 staff spreading over seven campus in India.Know More
Vellore Institute of Technology, formerly Vellore Engineering College is a private deemed university institute located in the outskirts of Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India.Know More
Manipal University, Jaipur is one of the premier universities in Jaipur, India. It is the fifth university established by Manipal Global Education Services.Know More
J.S.S. Academy of Technical Education, Noida, in its full name Jago siya sawera academy of Technical education, Noida is a private educational institute situated in Noida, Uttar Pradesh and affiliated to Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Gautam Buddha Nagar.Know More
Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani is a private institute of higher education and a deemed university under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956. The institute is one among the 6 Indian 'Institutes of Eminence' recognized by the Government of India in 2018.Know More